What steps should be taken to select the switch and what are the specific steps? Let's give you a detailed introduction.
How do we choose the switch when we buy it? Many friends are not very clear.
The main steps of selecting switch type are as follows:
1. Understand how the size of the switch affects other characteristics. Dimension is very important when selecting the switch. Switch size is directly related to its characteristics, including current range, stroke and operating force. In applications requiring larger current, larger switches are usually required.
2. Understanding electrical requirements. Toggle switches usually break the current from 5mA/5VDC to 25A/250VAC. Therefore, it is necessary to know the rated current and voltage (AC or DC) required for specific applications in order to select the appropriate switch. In addition to load requirements, it is also necessary to select the appropriate circuit.
The main steps of selecting switch type are as follows.
3. Environmental requirements have a great influence on the selection of switch, especially in high reliability and critical applications such as industrial control and medical equipment. Understanding the environmental conditions of application includes pollutants that may enter the switch in the air, the liquid in which the switch is located and the working temperature requirements.
4. Different switches have different contact materials, shells and terminals, which can meet the electrical and mechanical life requirements of different applications. As for the slight price differences between switches of different quality, the total cost of use needs to be taken into account. In many cases, the additional cost of using more reliable switches will be offset by the lower cost of quality assurance during their use.
5. Certification requirements of inspection institutions. Selecting switches that meet various international electrical requirements can help engineers design products for different regions.
The main steps of the selection of the switch are shared here. To learn more about the switch, you can collect this website.